What we believe forms the principles that guide us and influences the way we live out our lives. That being said, BRBC is affiliated to the Baptist Union of Great Britain and to the Evangelical Alliance and is in agreement with the doctrinal statements of those two bodies, which are as follows:
- We believe in the divine and full inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture as the supreme and sufficient rule of faith and practice, and the duty of the believer to engage with the Word of God.
- We believe in the unity of the one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the fall and the sinful state of men and women – without Christ – incur divine wrath and judgement.
- We believe in the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, dying in our place, paying the price of sin (our wrongdoings) and defeating evil
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- We believe the justification of the sinner is by faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ; a faith that works by love and produces holiness
- We believe it is the work of the Holy Spirit that leads us to Christ, unites us with Christ through new birth, makes us holy, brings spiritual revelation, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ according to his promise to fulfil the purposes of God.
- We believe in the baptism of believers’ by immersion. Whilst baptism is not essential to Salvation, believers’ baptism is an act of obedience to the Lord’s will and required for completeness of discipleship.